The New Media lab is part of the Centre for Innovation, a growth platform of Leiden University. At the Centre for Innovation, we are constantly looking for ways to innovate and improve academic education and research. The Centre is organised in labs, such as the New Media Lab. We investigate how virtual reality (VR) and mixed reality (MR) can contribute to online education, academic research and humanitarian efforts.
- Breaking new ground in combining interactive media and VR with (online) education.
- Exploring the use of VR and MR in humanitarian efforts.
- Exploring narratives and storytelling in all forms for education.
- Bridging separate fields to create opportunity for novel insight and ideas.
- Spillover effect of educational material for science communication.
- Allow students to get hands-on experience with new media technologies through internships and relevant projects.